SLASH THE ROPES

http://www.flickr.com/photos/l3ophoto/sets/72157622208351048/show/


This is at the Dragonfly.

Interesting night.

I went to Cinespace last night.

It was so funny and ironic that the way this one girl was talking to the door man, or promoter, who was giving her the hardest time about getting in. The door man told her "I'm sorry I gotta come home with a certain amount of money at the end of the night" and some other b.s.

But basically, I guess it had to do with her getting in without a cover. So the door man who looked like an Asian Slash from Guns N' Roses, denied her entry. One minute later having seen this from afar, and coming with a friend of mine who was wearing sandals, I thought for a second that this may be a similar situation for me that was soon to come.

As soon as I walked up to the ropes, I just smiled, did not speak a word, and the door man opened up the rope to let me and my friend in.

The second girl, who charges 5 bucks, asked for 5 bucks, but I told her I was friends with some people. Then she was cool with it and we went right ahead on in.

All it took me was a smile and 5 minutes,

when the girl next to me spent 15 and didn't get in.

So I wonder why this is.

Popular Posts