EVERLASTING GAZE


EVERLASTING GAZE
By Avalon Varada


So the story goes,
that we met,
Out of randomness.
I spotted you in the crowd.
You saw me too.
I looked at you.

Our eyes locked.
In an ever lasting glance.
like star crossed lovers.
Lost in a trance.
Of all there future and past.
Alas, you and I.

We were already familiar,
It was starkly peculiar
A stranger,
Who was so familiar.
Quick to take the leap,
We couldn’t fight the feeling.
You let me in to your life.
I let you into mine.
A voluntary intertwine.

Despite who you are,
Regardless of what you’ve done,
Your name aside,
I have nothing to hide.
But I feel as I though I can not confide, in you.
Mysterious. It makes me curious. It makes my mind wander through forests of thought. Especially if I see something provoking it.
All over your wall.
Hold her tall.
I hope you fall.

I don’t want to attached,
To something so mundane.
To live is to love, and to love is to pain.
Or the best mistake I’ve ever made.
I don’t want to be feeling jealousy.
But how do I know,
That you won’t go.
Stray.
How do I know when everyone I have loved has gone away?

All those girls on your jock,
have nothing on me
But why do I feel the need to say anything.
I have sworn that I am better without the thorn,
Without the scorn, From this is born,
And everything has its ending,
within that end, is beginning,
You can’t love me if your world is spinning.
While you’re over there grinning.

But how can I get mad,
If I don’t know how I should really feel.
About you,
About the things,
that you might do.
Because this is how I met you.

Popular Posts